Flexible and Affordable Healthcare Coverage for You and Your Family
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- ACA Individual Marketplace Plans, Medicare Advantage, Part D, and Group Coverage
- Short term health insurance for flexibility
- Healthcare coverage may be available for $0 / month
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace Plans
Looking for a low-cost health insurance plan? The ACA Marketplace offers reliable and inexpensive coverage options for you and your family. As part of the American Rescue Plan Act (2021) and Inflation Reduction Act (2022) many individuals and families are now eligible for monthly premiums for Marketplace health coverage as low as $0.
Marketplace plans are categorized into Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum “metal” tiers based on how you and your health insurer split the cost of your health care. The higher the metal category the more you will pay per month in premiums but the less expensive it will be each time you visit the doctor.
ACA Marketplace FAQs
Want to learn more about ACA Marketplace plans? Here are answers to the questions you may have as you’re choosing a plan.
What are ACA Marketplace health insurance plans?
The ACA Marketplace (also called the Exchange), is where Affordable Care Act (ACA) health care plans are sold. The terms “the Exchange”, “ObamaCare”, and “Individual and Family Plans” all describe the ACA Marketplace.
These are health care plans you can buy on your own rather than through an employer or a government program like Medicare or Medicaid.
How much does an ACA Marketplace plan cost?
Under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) and Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA), more people qualify for financial help when applying for a Marketplace plan. This financial help comes in the form of reduced monthly premiums, called the “Advanced Premium Tax Credit”
See if you qualify for financial help today by calling OnePoint Insurance Agency at 770-884-8117.
What are qualifying life events?
Under normal circumstances, you can only purchase an ACA marketplace plan during a limited enrollment period which in most states lasts from November 1st to January 15th. In limited circumstances when you experience a “qualifying life event” you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. Examples of qualifying life events are turning 26, moving to a new state, or having a baby. Some states offer SEPs for other reasons such as natural disaster relief or pandemic relief.
See our plans and prices and learn more about your ACA marketplace plan options by calling OnePoint Insurance Agency at 770-884-8117.
Can I be covered with pre-existing conditions?
A pre-existing condition is a health problem you have before your health plan starts. Companies that offer Marketplace health plans cannot refuse to cover you or charge you more because of a pre-existing condition.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Most individuals eligible for Medicare coverage are 65 years old or older – eligibility starts 3 months before you turn 65, including the month in which you turn 65. If you are nearing your 65th birthday call OnePoint Insurance Agency at 770-884-8117 today!
There are several types of Medicare plans to suit your specific needs
- Medicare Advantage (Part C): plans that offer all the coverage of Original Medicare (Parts A and B) along with extra benefits you won’t get with Medicare alone, all for an inexpensive price. Most Medicare Advantage plans include prescription drug coverage and benefits for dental, vision, and hearing care.
- Medicare Supplement (Medigap, MedSupp): plans which fill in gaps left by Original Medicare (parts A and B). There are 8 different types of Medicare Supplement plans, denoted by the letters A, B, C, F, G, K, L, and N. These are the same from every insurance company. Some companies also offer additional benefits, but they generally do not cover long-term care (e.g. nursing home care), vision, dental, hearing aids, private duty nursing, or prescription drugs.
- Prescription Drug Plans (Part D): covers prescription drugs that are not included in Original Medicare. Part D plans cover specific brand name and generic drugs that are included in the plan's formulary (a list of covered drugs), as well as some vaccines not covered by Part B.
- Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP): plans for people with certain medical conditions or low incomes. If you’re living with diabetes, heart disease, HIV, a lung disorder, or other chronic conditions you may want to learn about Chronic Condition SNPs (C-SNP). For people with both Medicare and Medicaid, Dual Eligible SNPs (D-SNP) can support you with extra benefits and coverage for $0 premium.
Call OnePoint Insurance Agency at 770-884-8117 today to explore your options for Medicare coverage.GET A QUOTE
Short-term health insurance plans
Bridge any gaps in health insurance coverage with flexible insurance coverage options with a short-term health insurance plan.
Short-term insurance may be the right option for you if you are:
- Unable to apply for ACA Marketplace coverage because you missed Open Enrollment and you don't qualify for Special Enrollment
- Waiting for your ACA Marketplace coverage to start
- Between jobs or waiting for benefits to begin at your new job
- Turning 26 and coming off your parent's insurance
- Looking for coverage to bridge you to Medicare eligibility on your 65th birthday
Short-term insurance is not the same as ACA Marketplace coverage. Keep in mind some key facts about short-term insurance plans:
- You may be required to answer a series of medical questions to apply for coverage and can be denied coverage due to preexisting conditions
- Short-term plans may not require all medical care and are not “minimum essential coverage” as defined by the Affordable Care Act.
Supplemental Insurance: Dental and Vision
Dental and vision care are important for your overall health. From eyeglasses to root canals, fluoride cleaning to contacts, vision and dental care is essential for you and your family. A dental and vision plan can help you find affordable care and plan and budget for costs. Get preventative care often at no cost and have access to major services from a wide range of providers.
You can purchase plans which cover dental or vision alone, or combined plans which cover both. Call OnePoint Insurance Agency at 770-884-8117 today to explore your options for dental and vision coverage.GET A QUOTE